Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Will the Nightmare End?

I really didn’t start this blog to have a place to complain, but that is what I am doing today.

My car is still in the shop which means I have been without it for 8 days. The problem is the transmission. The dealership has had it for 7 of the 8 days and still can’t tell me if it’s covered under the warranty. Worse then that no one can tell me when they can give me an answer.

My advise is don’t buy a Hyundai. This is the second dealer I have dealt and both service departments are terrible. They are nice and pleasant but timeliness is not a concept they are familiar with. The surprising part is dealers are on different coasts my guess is a universal training program is to blame.

I had to get a rental car, because my friend who lives 2 miles from me and works 4 miles from my said she could drive me then kept flaking. It was really nice of her to give me a ride one day. After that she kept making excuses, like it’s going to snow and that she had to stay late. None of these factors changed the fact we live so close. Instead of asking me to wait for her or to conform to he schedule, which I would have, the deal was just off. Now I am paying for a rental car, spending more money I don’t have.

My computer is in the shop as well. I dropped it off the off the day after Thanksgiving. When I dropped it off they told me would be 7 to 10 business days for the work to be completed.

After the 7 days I called to get status and was told it would be 10 business days before my computer was even looked at. Ok, there is a huge difference between that and 7-10 business days. On top of the tech giving me the wrong information (that if I had I would have gone somewhere else) the woman I spoke to was extremely rude. Some how she thought it was my fault that one her co-workers gave me the wrong information.

I told them what was wrong with the computer, but of course they couldn’t give me an estimate of how much it would cost. Can you hear my bank account being drained?

All this on top of the usually holiday stress. I would like to go home take a nap and wake up on New Years Day.

3 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger The Persian said...

Yea what a witch!! My last. well actually 2 cars ago was a Hyundai..which I ran into the ground. Excellent car, its just she rusted out way too quickly.

PC repair..what a nightmare. If they can't walk me through the issue over the phone and I can't resolve it.. I get a new one. Dell has some reasonable deals lately..and their support is incredible.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger dpaste said...

If I may make a suggestion, if you call them today and they still haven't looked at the computer, get it from them and go elsewhere. They can't charge you, because they haven't done anything. And if they are rude, you give it right back to them. You are the customer.

Sorry about the car thing. It's one of the reasons I am so glad I live in a mass-transit city.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger coolbuddha said...

No car, no computer and a friend making excuses. I'm glad I can't drive, am almost IT illiterate and no-one likes me.
*sob*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home