Monday, November 21, 2005

To Date or Not To Date

I am little bit confused at what happened last night. I am not sure if I was on a date or not. When a guy you met on gay.com asks you to the movies it's a date right?

Last week I met this guy on gay.com. He IMed me. I don't even remember what we talked about other then it wasn't sex. We exchanged email address.


After a few emails he suggested I come down to the restaurant where he tends bar for a drink. I wanted to meet him but felt a little strange about meeting him with a bunch of his coworkers around. My friend C talked me into it. She came along, I thought this would make it less akward. We hung out at the bar and had a couple of drinks. He turned out to be very nice.

We continued to exchange email, had a phone conversation, he asked me if I wanted to go to the movies with him. We decided on a movie, a time and a theater. We each paid for our tickets. When the movie was over we went out for a drink.

In the bar we had a great conversation. Typical new gay friend conversation, when did you come out, how did your family/friends take it, are they ok with it now? Nothing was forced it was really nice.

We had to leave, because the bar was closing. For the next 20 minutes. We chatted in the parking lot. It was cold and getting late. I told him I really had to get going, he gave me a hug. He told me I would have to pick the next movie.

I was hoping it was a date, but I am not sure.

3 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger dpaste said...

Can't help you, bud, as I am rowing in the same boat. We went out for sushi, talked and talked and had an amazing walk in the rain afterwards. I got a hug and a quick peck and we are planning the next time together, and I haven't a clue.

Sounds like it could go either way with this guy. He might just want to be friends. He might just want to go slow. And of course, Murphy's Law says that if you put him on the spot, he will feel pressured and vanish. There is no justice.

Good luck.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Will said...

It sounds like a date, I suspect it looked like a date--I think it was a date. Choose a really good movie and good luck!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Will said...

PS--always nice to find a Boston-area blogger. I've added a link to Agent XXX on DesignerBlog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home