Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Player Gets Played

Yesterday night I was supposed to have a date, with a guy I had met online. We chatted a couple of times, exchanged phone numbers, and decided we would meet on Saturday night after I got out of work. I am a bit fuzzy on who was supposed to call who, at least that is the story I am sticking with.

After the last time we spoke on Friday I got a text message from another friend I hook up with from time to time. He wanted me to come down to his house after work for a romp, which he will never come right out and say, it’s always “Let’s Hang Out”. He was disappointed to find I had dinner plans that night. He suggested we “Hang Out” on Sunday. We would “Hang Out” in more then just the euphemistic sense.

When I got out of work in Saturday I waited for the call from my date. He didn’t call me. I didn’t call him. Instead of the date I spent the night cleaning my apartment to prepare for “Hanging Out”, washed the sheets cleaned the bathroom.

This morning I got up earlier then usual so I could get my errands done. At 10:30 I text messaged my friend to ask him when he was coming to my house. He didn’t answer. An hour later I saw him log on to AIM I IMed him to find out when I could expect him. He didn’t answer. At 1:30 I called him and left a message. He didn’t call me back.

Now it’s the end of the weekend I’ve had no date and didn’t get laid. I probably got what I deserve.

5 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger The Persian said...

ahh so I take it by the title you are a player? Interesting, in that case you deserve to get played.

(still love you anyway!)

:)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger dpaste said...

Scott, I don't care if the guy I'm supposed to see has sworn on the bible, his dead mother, all the gods of the pantheon and his penis that he will call me at 6PM, by 6:30 I am on the phone to him.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Evil Gay Lawyer said...

What would really suck is if he hooked up with the guy you were supposed to be on a date with!

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Troy said...

I remember going to the pilgrim theater for a quicky, but those days are long gone

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Sucks. Don't you hate it when a trick stands you up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home