Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Apple Never Falls Far From The Tree

Today I brought my mother her mother’s day gift. It was a lovely azalea planted in a glass box, which she will surly kill. She was very happy with the gift all the same.

We sat in the kitchen and chatted for a bit. Recently my parents moved back to the town we are from, they joined my grandmother’s parish. My mother told me they had been to mass on Saturday with the cotton heads and how communion on Saturday takes forever.

She went on to say how great it was for them to be in a new church where they new so many people. They had run into some old friends at mass.

“We saw the P’s yesterday too.”

“Really how are they?”

“Good, Good. Well you’d never recognize Jimmy he’s so old. Martha looks just the same. They were with their daughters. You’d never recognize them either. The older one has a couple of kids, married. They are both so thin and even pretty.”

“That’s good.”

“Well you remember how fat, hairy, and ugly they were.”

4 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger Joel said...

Trying to picture fat, hairy and ugly...ewwww.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Will said...

Scott, this post is priceless--first the cottonheads and then the fat, hairy and ugly. I think that in the span of four paragraphs you've covered the majority of the American population these days.

Thank heaven there are gay men out there, too!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger dpaste said...

Your mom, she's so non-judgemental. That's a gift.

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, that's awesome-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home