Sunday, March 05, 2006

Blast From the Past

On Friday I a was upset to find out my friend Tracy had asked her brother-in-law to be her daughters godfather. Tracy and I have been friends since we were freshmen in high school. We dated for tree years while we were in school. We have been through a lot together.

I know that it’s only a ceremonial title, but we have good friends for a very long time. As they say it’s just nice just to be asked.

Saturday was my friend Jon’s 30th birthday party. We have known each other for about 15 years. Since we have been friends for so long I know his whole family. Saturday he found out that his mother has been dating my godfather for 5 years.

My godfather is a childhood friend of my fathers. Our families were close till I in my mid-teens. I don’t know if there was a falling out, but it has been about 20 years since I have seen him. It was very strange to find out that he had been dating my friends mother.

The joys of living in a small town.

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger dpaste said...

Jews don't traditionally do godparents, I have no frame of reference for this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home