Thursday, March 02, 2006

West Meets East



The first time I saw a Baja Fresh in MA I squealed, yes like a 12 year old girl. It was so loud my friend who was driving almost the curb.

"Stop the car I need a taquito!"

The following day I reported the sighting to every one from CA that I knew. I even called people who were living in CA to share the good news. We were all in disbelief. If you’ve never been to MA we do Mexican like LA does pizza. Not so well.

It’s just like the their restaurants in CA the same menu, the same Baja Salsa, same great chips. However there is one major difference I will never get used, that would be the white girl behind the counter.

Oh Well.

4 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Blogger Troy said...

Good analogy. I miss the pizzzzza in the north end and medford. But the best mex food in LA are these tiny no-name hole in the wall places. BajaFresh is too sterile

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger The Persian said...

I don't suppose they have arrived yet in my part of the state. Actually we do have two pretty decent mexican places, one in Northampton and one in Springfield.

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Beans you have a BAJA FRESH. I like them, we have them here in Chicago, but unfortunately, some have been closing lately, don't know why. In Chicago, the workers are hispanic, but the managers always white, which doesn't seem right either.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger dpaste said...

Fast Food = Evil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home