Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Daddy, I Wanna Go Home.

I have only a small group of friends who I love dearly. Most of my friends are people I have known for years some since childhood. In most cases I know my friends entire families as well. In stark contrast as with most things in our relationship E knows every gay person in greater New England, the Eastern Provinces of Canada, and parts of Toronto.

This means that any time we go out we may be joined by any number of his 30 closest friends. Now, I am learning to be a go with the flow kind of guy which is has been a new experience for me to say the least, but it hasn’t been with out a few bumps in the road. When you break down E’s friends they fall into two categories one he named the “preppy bears” and the other I named the “dirty bears”.

The “preppy bears” are more clean cut, interesting, well informed and interesting. They don’t take the whole bear thing all that seriously and are fun to spend an evening hanging out with. The “dirty bears” are well dirty. The de facto leader of this group is a major thorn in my side who told E he shouldn’t be dating me because he didn’t sleep with enough people in between relationships. I have made a promise to E that I wouldn’t start an argument with the “dirty bear” leader unless I was directly provoked.

The preppy group has an annual group trip to Montreal. This year E has invited me as his guest. Montreal with E sounds like it would be a good time, Montreal with E and 10 of his closest friends all staying in the same guesthouse, not so fun. I don’t want to be the stick in the mud and I want E to have fun with his friends I just have a feeling this is going to turn into one of those whinny five year olds who’s parents are dragging them around Disney World to makes sure they get their moneys worth when the kid would have been just as happy watching the Little Mermaid on DVD for 400th time.

What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger. Right?

2 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Blogger Troy said...

I like the dirty bears best. sex aint sex unless it's down and dirty. but boston is so pure and puritan

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger dpaste said...

There is always a thorn in the side. As long as E takes his advice with a grain of salt, then you can just smile and nod to all his bullshit.

As long as you and E have a private room in Montreal I don't see the problem. Make it a point to identify guys in the group that you can be friends with, then you will have allies and someone to hang with when E needs his space.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home