Wednesday, November 01, 2006

World Vegan Day

Ok I get it you don’t like to eat meat. Now will you shut the fuck up about it?

Below is a comment I posted on a blog discussing the “heath” benefits of veganism.

On that note I'll take my filet rare enough that it's sitting in a pool of it’s own blood when it's served.

As I'm sure you are aware there are many other things that go into over all health than just eating meat or not. I would suspect that when you became a vegetarian you became much more aware of what you were putting into your body to make up for the fact you were no longer eating meat that lead to the health benefits and not giving up meat alone as your post suggests.

Most the people I have met who have been vegetarian were self-righteous and used their vegetarianism as a tool so they could feel morally superior to others, just as the religious right does (not that I’m standing on a cyber soapbox to preach to the masses).

Furthermore I have read some literature PETA produced about dairy farming that was both erroneous and misleading. PETA uses the same scare tactics and distortion of facts about eating meat that the Bush Administration uses about terrorism.

Every time I’m not blinded by my shampoo, I thank a bunny.

4 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Will said...

I like the parody PETA bumper sticker I saw recently: People Eating Tasty Animals.

When PETA picketed Johnson & Wales Cullinary College in Rhode Island for teaching people to cook meat, a friend of ours was gewtting his degree there. The students put together their counter slogan which was made into posters and bumper stickers: Johnson & Wales: We Love Animals, Too--They're Delicious!gevqv

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger dpaste said...

Wish I knew what triggered this response. Yikes. I'm no vegetarian, but I also don't get all fixated by meat. I'll take my burger medium well, without a trace of pink, thank you very much.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger The Persian said...

I am the spokesperson for saveabunny.com and I take great offense to the last part of your post.

*spank*

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

It's at http://www.chaiandsympathy.blogspot.com/

I have a huge problem with PETA and take issue with the people who support them. I spend two days a week working for a national grocery chain where I have to put up with people who take this view on meat on a regular basis. He just touched a nerve.

I will be switching to decafe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home