Monday, January 08, 2007

2007

So we’re here and it’s 2007. I think I am having the beginning of a midlife crisis. Life just isn’t where I would like it be. I’m not sure how to make the changes I need to in order to make it better, but I am going to try.

First on the list is going to cutting out Dunkin Donuts. This is going to be particularly difficult. I know it does nothing but make my middle bigger while clogging my arteries it’s just so hard to get up the extra few minutes to make a proper breakfast. I think what I should do is just stock my office with breakfast food. That should make the transition a bit easier.

Secondly more exercise. I know I have said this before but this time I need to do something. At a doctor’s appointment in November I was diagnosed with pre-hypertension. Not the end of the world but instead of my doctor telling me to loose weight which has been the recommended course of action in the past she put me on medication. After being on the medication for a little less than a moth I stopped taking it. The medicine made me fell like a woman in menopause. All of the sudden my face would get extremely hot, start to sweat, and my heart would race. That isn’t something I’m willing to live with and of course loosing weight is just a good idea in general.

Thirdly, find a new place to live. The suburbs just suck. The only good thing about living in the town I live in is there are better places to bike. These places are only marginally better than places in the city and they are places only a short car ride away for any more urban area.

Forth and final, Cut it down to one job. I just need to find a way to do it. The extra money is nice but it’s slowly killing me. It’s affecting my relationship which isn’t want I want to happen and ultimately it’s not making me happy.

So there you have it some plans for 2007. I am usually not one for resolutions, but maybe I was wrong about that.

4 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger dpaste said...

Welcome back!

I'm sure you know how I would respond to this post, so I won't even say it. Do the right thing.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Troy said...

1. i love cream filled dunkin donuts.
2. i love exercise at the gym surrounded by hot guys.
3. quit all your jobs and start a hedge fund

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one job- yeah!

i don't know how you managed for so long. . .

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Joel said...

Good Luck! I said many of the same things and so far have NOT been too successful. UGH>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home