Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Serenity Now!

As it turns out there is a woman in my office that has the same type of infection that I do. She has had it for almost 2 months. According to her doctor it’s a new type of infection that is antibiotic resistant and is highly contagious. It’s called MSRA the more I read about it the scary it is.

When I went to the office and saw the nurse practitioner she told me to make sure I called the office if the rash I have didn’t get better. It didn’t. Friday morning called the office to speak with her she wasn’t in and I got a call back from the doctor. He told me that I probably had a virus even though he never saw me. I told him the nurse told me was staph and that I have been exposed to staph. He thought it would be best if I just kept taking the medicine that was prescribed for me and not bother him any longer.

Monday I called the office again to speak to the nurse practitioner and the again the doctor called me back. For the second time I went over what was going on with me. He told me he would have the nurse call me back because she was the person who saw me with a tone that related he couldn’t be bothered. What he failed to tell me was she wouldn’t be in until Wednesday (tomorrow), which I had to find out when I called for the third time today (Tuesday).

I have made some phone calls but I can’t find a doctor that will see me before the time the nurse is back in the office or I wouldn’t even bother with her.

1 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger dpaste said...

Dump his ass and find a new doctor, stat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home