Tuesday, August 22, 2006

It's Done

I finally grew some sack and did it. I broke up with the boyfriend. He took it well and said he suspected that it was coming. Still, I felt like a jerk.

I told him I had a good time hanging out with him but I didn’t feel the same way about him that he was feeling about me. I didn’t want to lead him on into thinking something was happening that wasn’t. Maybe we can still be friends.

He said he knew that I am a very independent person and that having a boyfriend probably wasn’t for me. I am not sure what that means but I am glad he took it well.

I still feel like a jerk.

6 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger The Persian said...

It's for the best (pardon my 2 cents).

*Big Bear Hug* lol

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger coolbuddha said...

Having a boyfriend probably wasn't for you! Cheeky moo. Big hug too.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger dpaste said...

While he gave you a backhanded comment there, you did the right thing. Of course you feel like a jerk, because you know how it feels on the other end.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Tallguy said...

Yup, I have to say you did what you had to do. No one knows what is going on inside (although you clued us in pretty well), and no one has a right to pass judgement on your actions. So you might feel like a jerk, so what? You did what you needed to do, and it is all going to be much better. Take a deep breath, and go on.

Sometimes we just need some real honest good friends, and not bother with any bf. They are a lot more trouble than they are worth, I feel. (am I sounding a bit too defensive, do you think?) And in the end, there is just you. How do you like yourself? That is the ultimate question.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Troy said...

grew some sack (that's funny)

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The boyfriend? I was the boyfriend already?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home