Wednesday, January 11, 2006

One of Those Days

I woke up this morning excited that I was finally getting my car back. The excitement turned to horror when they told me how much the repairs cost.

$2489.52

I nearly cried when they told me the total. This has nearly drained my savings account. In the past year I have spent close to $3,500 on a car that is only worth $4,500.

In past year and half I have worked so had to hold every thing together after being laid off twice and now it’s almost all gone.

To add insult to injury when I went to the bank to transfer the funds for the car I was confronted with someone I had a one night stand with last year. Apparently he is the manager there. Thank God he didn't recognize me. I tried to contact him after our tryst but he didn't respond.

Great now I'm broke and a whore. I shouldn't be allowed to show my face in public.

Then at the suggestion of Faggoty Ass Faggot I watched this.

It changed my whole perspective.

3 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Blogger Joel said...

Damn...I am dying to see that but I am at work and can't see it till I get home.

I can relte on the finace issues. I am going through a similar situation!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger dpaste said...

Savings come and savings go, debt will eat you alive. So you are actually in better shape than you think.

And, yeah, Secret Simon was really moving. I found him through FAF as well.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Troy said...

I hate cars and gasoline. I love riding my bicycle and taking the public buses and metro trains. So Kill your car the next time it gives you trouble and jump on board the B&M train instead

 

Post a Comment

<< Home