Monday, January 09, 2006

I Hate to Date

I hate to date because I am horribly insecure. The last two guys that I dated decided it would be better to live in states at least a thousand miles away then to live in the state I we dated in. Which doesn’t bode well for me or help my insecurity.

At the moment I am casually involved with 2 guys, possibly a third. I am not sure how this happened, it just did. The real problem is I can’t seem to move any of them forward. Which is truly a metaphor for the past few years of my life.

Every relationship I have been in has started out casually then turned to dating. I can’t put my finger on when or what caused the transition happened. So, I am at a loss on how to move any of these further.


I am trying to be patient, but it’s killing me.

9 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger coolbuddha said...

Good luck! How casual is 'casual'?!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

You know we can hang out and have sex, but we aren't dating.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger dpaste said...

Wow, is there an echo in here?

So been there. Sorry, my friend, but there is no secret. It just happens or it doesn't. It's only recently that I've been able to simply relax and enjoy what little I have, and if it becomes more, great. And if it goes away, that's what's meant to be.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Troy said...

Hop a flight and meet me at Micky's for a drink

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Joel said...

Just go with it and don't try to make it happen. I had NO idea that Joel would be the one until it had already happened. Never know...in the mean time ENJOY the sex!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger The Persian said...

eh..i HATE HATE meeting someone for the first time. I get really nervous. Maybe WE should meet sometime for coffee (like in Worcester at a midway point). I bet we'd get along well.

:)

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger coolbuddha said...

I hate to be crude (but, heh, why break the habit of a lifetime), two tests I would recommend: 1) sharing an unexpected silence which doesn't feel awkward; 2) sharing a fart. Or: 3) talking about your family and they do not run off screaming...

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Darin said...

I'm quoting Cement Brunette on this one...

Dating is for pussies.

Of course..he's dating now..and his tune may have changed.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Sandouri Dean Bey said...

maybe some casual relationships just naturally transition to dating relationships. it sounds like that's been your experience in the past.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home