Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Tom O'Brien Does It Again

Just when I thought things with Hyundai couldn’t more bizarre they do.

This evening while I am home nursing a fever I get a call from Tom O’Brien Hyundai. It’s a woman who I assume is an admin. She tells me my car is ready to be picked up.

Come again honey?

I asked her if the car was fixed. She said it was. She went on to say the dealership was closing a little early so, if I was coming today I should come now.

Ok this my be a hallucination from the fever. I pinched myself. Pain. It’s not a hallucination.

Where do I start? I told her I was just there on Thursday to drop of more paper work. Ted told me I wouldn’t know if the car was even covered under the warranty till next week at the earliest.

She puts me on hold.

A man comes on to the line. He has a very gruff voice and the type of diction that would have made him perfect as an extra on the Soprano’s.

He tells me the car is fixed. All that was wrong with the car was the gear fluid wasn’t full. That was what caused it to slip out of gear.

I tell him they have had the car since 12/1. I wanted to know if it was just gear fluid, why have they had the car for almost a month. Like me he was a little confused. He doesn’t know why they have had the car so long. I tell him I have been dealing with Ted. He tells me he is Ted’s boss. Ok a break through.

I start to explain what happened. He cuts me off to say he knows nothing about it, just that the car is fixed. He wants to know if I am coming to pick car up.

Again I ask him if the car is fixed. He said he didn’t speak to the tech, but according to the paperwork it is.

You can imagine how angry I was at this point. I go back to my explanation of the events.

He said He didn’t want to get into a pissing contest with me. If I wasn’t going to pick up the car I could call back tomorrow to speak to Ted.

Before I hang up I ask for his name. It’s Vinny. Yes, yes it is.

I will be sure to let you know what comes from tomorrows conversation.

2 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger dpaste said...

I hope your car is indeed fixed. If it is, let it go my friend and consider yourself blessed.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger jacob henry said...

sorry 'bout the auto troubles. . . i hope that they won't interfere with HNT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home