Tuesday, December 27, 2005

It's Over.

Today was the last day of Christmas for my family. My sister is the consummate hostess she loves to have guests. Tonight she made pastitsio. Which made her husband happy. I like Greek food but that's not a favorite.

We had dinner with my Aunt her husband, two cousins, and another uncle. It was nice to see them. I haven't seem most of them for over a year. My aunt camps across the street from my parents. Since I don't go up there I do see them.

I have to say that I am very happy that Christmas is over. My family puts so much pressure on everyone to have a good time that tension doesn't subside time everyone has had a few drinks.

On Sunday I was sitting in her kitchen eating some cereal. I cleared my throat. She was so hyped she started you yell.

"Yeah what do you want?"

"aha, I wanted to clear my throat."

It makes me long for the days when I lived in CA and it wouldn't have bothered because I knew I would be on a plane the next day.

Next year I think I will just sleep in.

2 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger dpaste said...

Ah, family. Actually the pastitsio sounds good. I'll have to print out that recipe.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger The Persian said...

dear god that looks good. If only I ate red meat. Wonder how it would be with Ground Turkey?


Thanks for that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home