Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Radiohead

"When I am King you will be first against the wall. With your opinion which is of no consequence at all." - radiohead

One of my favorite things in life is re-discovering cd's I own but haven't listened to in while. The other day I was going through my cd rack and pulled out OK Computer. It's so fucking brilliant. In songs like Paranoid Android and Exit Music (for a film) the band creates characters that are vividly beautiful and disturbing. Melodic vocals over grinding guitars make for an amazing emotional ride.

When I listen to this cd I think of the night I bought it. It was a cold (for SoCal) winter night. I had left work late to meet I guy I had met on line. We met at the bus stop out side of the store. He turned out to be a total ass, at least the cd was a good choice.

I am not a huge radiohead fan, this is the only cd I own by them. I am really not sure why that is. I tend to have ADD when it comes to music. Generally I am into a band for one or two cd's then I am off to something new.

I saw these guys over 10 yesrs ago with Belly and The Catherine Wheel. It was a club show the place held less then a thousand people, which makes me cooler then most of their fans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home