Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Been Away From the Blog

Why have I been away from the blog you ask? It’s because my life is so damn dull that I have had nothing to write about, more accurately I haven’t felt like doing it.

I am totally stressed out looking for a new place. There seems to be very little available in the market right now. Everything that I have looked at has either been really small or it’s been a total dump. It’s shocking to see what some landlords expect tenants to live in. The place I looked at today had a carpet that was at least 40 years old. It was coming up in so many place I tripped when I walked into the bedroom, even worse was the electrical tape holding down the linoleum in the kitchen. The only redeeming quality was the bathroom was huge. I may end-up staying here another month and looking for the end of May.

In other news a former boyfriend was in town for the past couple of days. We dated when we both lived in LA, he currently lives in NYC. It was great to see him. We had dinner both nights he was here.

Our relationship has been over for more then 4 years, for the past six months he has been dating the same guy. He looked good and from the way he talks seems very happy although he doesn’t care much for living in NYC. He is more of an mall shopping, SUV driving kind of guy living in West Hollywood you can still have those things. In NYC, not so much. He is the process of deciding what his next move will be.

It’s been a couple of years since I’ve seen him. His as good looking I remember him to be. He is also just as odd. He works in IT and any who knows anything about people in IT, most of them are a little off. Off in an engineering sort of way, way to much time spent think about how things work and felling superior to others to don’t share the same knowledge.

When I got to he hugged. I sat down on one of the beds in the room, then laid say ways with my arm propping me up. Both of my feet were on the floor. He finished getting his things together to leave.

We chatted about his family, what they were up to, where they were all living and so on. Then he came to sit down on the same bed I was on laying the same way but facing me. We continued our conversation.

Then suddenly and mid-sentence he looks at me then at himself. He abruptly gets up and moves to the other bed to sit up right and continues with what he was saying.
I know it’s a bit sick, but it felt good to know just being that close to me made him just a little uncomfortable.

8 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Blogger Joel said...

Missed ya! Great to hear all is well with ya. Good luck on finding a place!

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Troy said...

driving is LA is not driving. It sucks

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger dpaste said...

hehehe, not sick at all. I totally get that.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger BriteYellowGun said...

Oh yes, I too have an ex that I've remained great friends with. We've had those kind of awkward situations happen between us as well. I don't think it's "sick" though, it's nice to know they still have that attraction to you after all that time has passed.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger The Persian said...

omg you hugged? no way...

Well obviously he was uncomfortable in that position so close to you. Who can say why that is, maybe you have an idea you aren't sharing. Of course it could be his "engineering" type oddness.

And stop picking on IT people, we are not all assholes. :)

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

Jim: Yes you are.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger The Persian said...

bitch :)

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger coolbuddha said...

You mean that not all ex's should be buried under the patio? How curious. I'll try and remember that when the next one comes along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home