Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hot As Hell!

A co-worker of mine gave a bottle of this hot sauce last week, it's by far the hottest sauce I have had. The sauce is made in Indonesia from pure chilli peppers. It's not the type of flavor that is so hot you can't taste anything else, it has a great flavor. It will make you want more or as much as you can handle with the sweat from your brow is dripping into your eyes.

I have only had it on chicken fingers so far (yes I am that low rent). However I think it would be perfect for pho or any other Asian soup.

Caution: It burns coming out almost as it dose going in.

6 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger The Persian said...

I like hot stuff, unless it's like that horseradish hot (the one where fumes go up into your nose.. for example Chinese Restaurant Yellow mustard). That stuff looks pretty hot.

:)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger dpaste said...

Thanks for that mental image.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Sandouri Dean Bey said...

i usually use sriracha sauce, which i think is thai, and it's probably pretty mild by comparison, but i can take it only in small doses cause i'm a taste wimp.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger BriteYellowGun said...

Is it as hot as those nasty little monsters that Thai food places will often sneak into your food, probably so they can stand in the kitchen and laugh as they watch your reaction? I've had entire meals ruined because of those things.

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Mr RM said...

Sambel? Shouldn't it be SAMBAL?

Sambel Asli - Original Chili Sauce

Cap Ibu Jari - Thumb Brand

I didn't know sambal comes in a bottol form. I have this nearly EVERYDAY, mainly from crushed chilli with shrimp paste...

Oh yeah, there is a slight difference between Malaysian/Indonesian and Thai sauces, the latter is always sweeter, whil the Malaysian/Indonesian version is always more pungent!
Life without Chilli in Southeast Asia is not with living... hee hee

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Jefftexas said...

I have a bottle of this in my fridge-I love the stuff and put it on just about anything besides desserts!

I found this at a Mexican grocery store and its tasty-El Yucateco Chile Habanero Red Hot Sauce-same caution applies!

Have a good week, Jeff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home