Tuesday, March 14, 2006

On the Move

There are few things that are a bigger pain in the ass then moving. I have lived in MA for 3.5 years and am currently looking for my 5th address. It’s not that I enjoy moving but I have made a couple of bad professional decision thus things panning out as they have.

My current apartment is kind of nice as well as charming, but the charm doesn’t outshine the problems. It’s three rooms which is plenty of space for me all of my furniture (or lack of furniture I should say) fits with out a problem. Storage on the other hand is a completely different matter. There are only two closets one fits my clothes the other has my luggage, coats, linens, and other miscellaneous items. What doesn’t fit in the closet is sitting in the front hall. There is no way you can fool people into thinking a cooler and air conditioner are a table, believe me I’ve tried.

Those are just a minor annoyances the real problem is the noise. My landlord is running a Brazilian refugee camp on the third of the building. There are so many people coming and going I am not sure how many people live up there. They are constantly shouting at each other in the hall, in their apartment, in the parking lot all of which I can hear like we are in the same apartment. That plus the fact they are doing something that sounds like bowling make me feel like I am living in Section 8 housing.

Deciding what town to move to has provided a challenge of it’s own. I don’t want to stay in the town I live in but anywhere I want to live is either to expensive or to far from where I need to be for work. Roommates are defiantly out of the question. I’ve lived that nightmare to many times already, Thank you.

The only good thing about moving is I knew I wasn’t going to stay in this place, so I have things that are still packed from the last time I moved.

5 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger The Persian said...

"That plus the fact they are doing something that sounds like bowling make me feel like I am living in Section 8 housing"


LOL! That was hysterical, wonder what those bronze beauties are doing up there??

Hope you find something more suitable soon buddy.

:)

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger BriteYellowGun said...

I don't know how you apartment dwellers do it. Never, in a million years will I live in any building where I have to share a common wall with a neighbor. I value my peace and sanity far too much. I will live in a cardboard box before I live in an apartment or condo complex. Just buy a house and be done with the moving.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Scott E D said...

LOL briteyellowgun you so don't live in New England.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger BriteYellowGun said...

RYC on my blog, LMAO!!!

RYC above...you're right, hence the cardboard box remark. I lived in LA once too, remember? I KNOW how outrageous real estate is!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger coolbuddha said...

I was thinking of getting a roommate, or 'lodger' as we say in Blighty, but I am nervous about it. If it works great, if it doesn't there's that awful feeling walking home and hoping the lights are not on when you get in...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home