Monday, October 29, 2007

Peggy

My aunt is in hospice loosing an almost ten year battle with cancer. She has fought a brave and courageous fight that makes me believe she is the strongest person I’ve ever known. Cancer is bitch and what it does to its victims is horrific. She has been reduced to a shell of her former brassy loudmouth self. The woman who used to drink Miller Lite from a can and yell at Patriots on Sunday afternoon now can barely lift her own head to drink from a cup of ice water.

If the cancer weren’t enough for her to deal with she has had to keep working up until the time she was to weak to stand for health insurance. She went through rounds of Chemotherapy and radiation all while working 40 hours a week as a nurse in a nursing home because if she didn’t she couldn’t afford to pay her rent.

What kind of society lets this happen to its own hard working citizens?

7 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Troy said...

how old is she?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger BentonQuest said...

Heaven forbid the billionaires not make their millions/year. I just saw a thing on the news, Warren Buffett pays proportionately less in taxes than does his secretary. That is sad.

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Scott-

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Troy said...

the thermometer on the east boston bank clock read 24deg. so i am walking around e.boston waiting for my plane, it is so cold here

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott - sorry to hear about your Aunt. "What kind of society lets this happen to its own hard working citizens?" ... sadly OUR society. Not in Canada, not in the UK. We should not tolerate this.
Kyle

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What kind of society lets this happen to its own hard working citizens"? A society that does not support Socialized Medicine!

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Jason said...

Great site that you have here man. I'm a first time visitor, but I'm very impressed. I have a site as well, one for guys only. It's a relatively-new site, but I just wanted to inform you about it. I'd like to exchange links with you, to help spread some traffic around between each other.

If you're interested, please leave a comment under the "Resources for Guys" page when you've linked guysdothat.com to your blog and I'll return the favor under that page.

Keep up the good work man. I hope you can check out what we've got for you so far.

Jason
guysdothat.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home