Thursday, October 18, 2007

Making Up

The past few months have been defend by the arguments I’ve had with family and friends. I am ruled but the god of war in both my son and moon, it’s not that put a lot of stock into astrology but I just saying. Fighting with people isn’t something that I am very proud to say that I have been doing, especially when the arguments have been over things that seem very silly in retrospect.

In March I had a blow out with my friend M, because I called her a hypochondriac. To my mind this wasn’t a big deal. I couldn’t have been more wrong. The argument changed from me saying something that hurt her feelings to me feeling like I am constantly giving her leeway on things that she never affords me. I said what I thought. She thought differently and we ended up not speaking for 7 months.

As they say it’s all water under the bridge now. The hard part for me and what I am trying to learn is how do I not keep creating these types of situations while having my feelings validated. Who do I not let things reach a nuclear level with out being feeling like I was the only one to compromise and give to only get nothing in return?

Regardless of the answer to the question I am very happy to be friends with M again. It’s made my work days a much happier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home