Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Work Out

I keep promising myself that I am going to start and exercise program, but there has been one small problem. I am deathly afraid of the gym.

I am afraid of the gym like some people are afraid of the dentist. Just the thought of being inside of one almost sends me into a panic attack. Suddenly I am in the fourth grade and being picked last for kick ball. There‘s me standing up against the wall staring at me shoes praying to god for to be over.

A couple of years ago I gave in got a membership even hired a trainer. That made things much easier. He got me on a program taught me proper technique, but he started to get to expensive. I haven’t been back since.

In the summer it’s much easier. I can go out and do a few miles on my bike, that doesn’t work so well when there is snow on the ground.

I am just going to have to suck it up or buy some bigger pants.

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger dpaste said...

Is everyone at your gym Hottie McHothot? If not, then you're just another face there. Everyone is as self-conscious as you, and a smile will get you a friendly nod. Yes, there will be the stud boys who deadlift 5,000 pounds, but there is also the mom who had the baby and is struggling to lose those 20 lbs, and the dozen other couch potatos who are still clinging to their New Year's resolutions like the kitten in the Hang in There poster. Bring you Walkman or iPod or whatever, and focus on you, do your thing and it will start to feel easier. I'm rooting for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home